ARLINGTON, Texas – One of the two people who died after a chemical leak near Houston was from Arlington.
The family says Shawn Kuhleman, 32, leaves a wife and two young boys.
LyondellBasell says it leaked 100,000 pounds of a compound on Wednesday at its La Porte, Texas facility. That leak contained acetic acid, which is used in food-grade vinegar.
The materials can cause severe burns and are dangerous if swallowed or inhaled.
Officials said 30 more were hospitalized because of the leak
At least two lawsuits have been filed against the work.
CONNECTED: 2 dead, 42 patients after a leak in the LyondellBasell facility in La Porte. treated