Courtesy Project Row Houses
From Friday July 30 through Sunday August 1, 2021, take a tour of H-Town’s weekend highlights with the 365 Houston Guide to the best things to do in Houston this weekend.
Every weekend in Houston there are many city events happening – but what are the highlights that can help you plan a fun weekend of outings?
We’ve scaled down our extensive weekend guide to bring you some of our favorite things to look forward to Friday through Sunday.
Are you looking for more activities? Find all of our weekend tips with the 365 Houston Weekend Guide or browse our calendar for even more events, activities and activities this weekend.
Top 12 things to do in Houston this weekend
- Olympics Watch Party at Discovery Green | Thursday, July 29th & Friday, July 30th | FREE – Owen Conflenti, Lisa Hernandez, Courtney Zavala and others from the KPRC 2 team will wrap up the five day event at Discovery Green, where Olympic fans gather and prime time coverage of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games along with pre-show activities can track and performances. 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Summer Mixtape Series at Miller Outdoor Theater | Thursday, July 29th to Saturday, July 31st | FREE | Virtual option – Experience some of Houston’s independent jazz, punk, reggae, indie pop and country acts including Dende, The Broken Spokes, El Lago, Raycheal Winters and more on this three day show of local talent. You can also watch these performances live on Miller Outdoor’s YouTube stream. A free ticket is required for seats in the covered area and can be reserved online. The hilltop seating is open to the public and does not require tickets. 8.30 p.m. every evening.
- Texas Lottery & Resound presents Luck Happens Live with Wale at White Oak Music Hall | Friday, July 30th | FREE – Get lucky when the Texas Lottery free series of events, Luck Happens Live, returns with DC-based rapper Wale along with Riders Against The Storm in concert at the White Oak Music Hall in the Heights. The show is free, but prior registration is required. 19 o’clock.
- The Bridal Extravaganza Show: Summer 2021 in Downtown | Saturday, July 31st & Sunday, August 1st – Put together your bridal team and plan all aspects of your upcoming wedding with your selection of Houston’s best wedding professionals, including specialists in flowers, catering, wedding cakes, banquet facilities and more at the bi-annual Bridal Extravaganza Show at the George R. Brown Convention Center. $ 15, but 365 Houston readers can save $ 2 with Coupon code 365NOW at checkout; $ 20 at the door. The discount code also applies to the $ 39 VIP tickets, which come with perks, additional freebies and a swag bag for the first 100 Sunday brides. Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Round 52: Anthropocene and Gulf Coast Community Market in Project Row Houses | Saturday, July 31st | FREE – Third Ward arts and community institution reopens to the public for the first time in over a year with a market and talks by the 8 artists behind Round 52: Gulf Coast Anthropocene. 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- 4th Annual Hangar Bash at the Lone Star Flight Museum | Saturday, July 31st – Celebrate the fourth annual edition of the Lone Star Flight Museum’s popular Hangar Bash, where guests can party between planes while enjoying award-winning grilled dishes from Lone Star Cowboy Cookers, ice cold beer and wine from Silver Eagle distributors, and live music from the Honky-Tonk Revivalists – plus air tours and an after-party from 8 p.m. Hangar Bash tickets are $ 55; $ 45 for members. VIP tickets are $ 80; $ 70 for members. Tickets for certain drivers are $ 25; VIP tables are $ 450. After-party tickets are $ 20 and are not included with any other ticket purchase. 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Jason Mraz, with Southern Avenue at the White Oak Music Hall (lawn) | Saturday July 31st – The Grammy-winning folk-pop musician takes the White Oak stage on the lawn for an evening of songs from his 2020 summer release, Look for the Good. $ 50.50 for pre-sale tickets; $ 53 on the day of the show, but you can find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get places on TicketNetwork’s online marketplace. 19 o’clock.
- Houston Dynamo FC vs. Real Salt Lake at BBVA Stadium | Saturday July 31st – The Dynamo is home to another team from the Western Conference, which is fighting for the playoff position in this Midsummer game. $ 20 to over $ 100, but you can find better or cheaper places on TicketNetwork’s online marketplace. 19:30 o’clock.
- Houston Restaurant Weeks 2021 | Starts Sunday August 1st – Summer’s most popular charity event is back, running for 37 days and, as always, raising serious donations for the Houston Food Bank. This year’s Houston Restaurant Weeks features multi-course, fixed-price dine-in and to-go deals across a stellar list of restaurants, including recurring favorites like B&B Butchers & Restaurant, Hugo’s, Lucille’s and Maison Pucha Bistro, as well as newcomers to Fegen’s to der Nasch. Look at the lineup and rate your gift and meal reservations. Prices, times and locations vary.
- H-Town Sneaker Summit at Bayou City Event Center Houston | Sunday, August 1st – Founded in 2004, this large South Houston sneaker community event brings enthusiasts together for an epic day of buying, selling and trading rare and fashionable sneakers, clothing and accessories. $ 35. 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Houston Dash vs. NJ / NY Gotham FC at BBVA Stadium | Sunday 1st August – Missing star striker and ex-Dash striker Carli Lloyd, Gotham FC, is coming to town with Houston. Tickets range from $ 12 to over $ 50, but you can find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats on TicketNetwork’s online marketplace. 6 p.m.
- Nacho Redondo at Houston Improv | Sunday 1st August – The Venezuelan stand-up comic and podcast host of “Escuela de Nada” is swinging through the Houston Improv for a special one-night-only performance during his US tour in 2021. Please note that this performance is in Spanish. Tickets are sold at the table and range from $ 58 for 2 people to $ 174 for 6 people. 19:30 o’clock.
Previous articleTop 15 Live Shows & Concerts This Month: August 2021Next articleTop 9 Food & Drink Events / Offers in Houston This Month: August 2021
Justin Jerkins covers sports, concerts, travel destinations and breweries in Houston and is also the editor of 365 Things to Do in Houston.