After years of experience with storms getting more violent than expected, Houston restaurant owners play it safe because of this Tropical storm Nicholas comes to town. Unlike a certain other “Nick” who supposedly comes to town once a year, this is a visitor nobody wants. A Level three flood warning applies not only to tonight, but also to the next three days. Precipitation can reach five to ten centimeters per hour, and that means many roads can be underwater. As Houstonians know, even an hour of heavy rain can make roads impassable. Small streams of water can suddenly turn into rivers that trap cars.
If Tropical Storm Nicholas is causing flooding, the best thing to do is to stay home – and the staff shouldn’t have to do non-essential jobs either.
For this reason, some restaurants in the area close earlier on Monday September 13th and may remain closed on Tuesday. We will update this list as we receive new information. If your restaurant, bar, or other grocery or beverage store is closed or closes earlier, Please email us. All the restaurants that contacted us had the same message: Stay Safe, Houston!
- Palace Social The new venue in Bellaire, which also has a fully equipped bar and restaurant, is to act as a drop-off point and emergency kitchen if required. If Tropical Storm Nicholas passes without much damage, then all the items collected can certainly go to the victims of Hurricane Ida in Louisiana.
- Woodshed smokehouse is cLost Monday and Tuesday.
East of downtown / EaDo / East Side
- slug will be closed on Tuesday.
- Etoile closes on Monday at 4 p.m. and remains closed on Tuesday.
- Kenny & Ziggys: Yom Kippur begins on Wednesday at sunset, so Kenny & Ziggy plan to stay open on Tuesday during regular hours. The restaurant is open on Wednesdays from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. and closes until Friday due to the holidays.
- URBE, the newest restaurant from Tracy Vaught and Hugo Ortega’s H Town Restaurant Group, is now closed until Tuesday, September 14th.
Greenway / Upper Kirby
- Ember & Greens closes at 4:00 p.m. on Monday and reopens at 4:00 p.m. Tuesday. Dinner is still to be set.
- Shoot the moon is closed on Monday.
- Joint bond closes all locations at 6 p.m. and opens again on Tuesday at 11 a.m.
- Sweeping BBQ’s The Greenway Plaza location is closed all day on Tuesdays, Feges BBQ Spring Branch opens on September 14th at 3:00 p.m. with regular dining service and take-away.
- FM kitchen & bar will close both Shepherd Drive and Montrose locations at 4 p.m. on Monday.
- The original ninfas Both locations will be closed on Monday and Tuesday at 2 p.m. It will reopen on Wednesday at 10 a.m.
- Restaurants in Pappas close on Mondays at 3 p.m. and on Tuesdays all day.
- All State tariff‘s locations close on Monday at 4 p.m.
- The union kitchen is closed at all locations on Mondays at 4 p.m. and on Tuesdays for lunch.
- Julep is closed on Monday and maybe Tuesday.
- Laurenzos is closed on Monday and Tuesday.
- Ninja ramen will be closed until Tuesday and not yet decided on Wednesday.
Has this article been of any use to you? We rely on our readers and sponsors to cover monthly expenses such as authoring and social media fees, administrative expenses, web development, software, online services, website hosting, and more. Can you only deposit $ 5 a month to keep our coverage up? (Not tax deductible.) Thank you in advance for supporting local journalism! To become a sponsorship company and advertise on Houston Food Finder, send us an email.