Lagoonfest Texas is celebrating Labor Day with an all-day event | Courtesy Lagoonfest Texas
Fill your Labor Day weekend with concerts, sports, happy hours, specials, fireworks, and more with our guide to Labor Day weekend celebrations and events from Friday September 3 through Labor Day Monday September 6, 2021.
Whether you’re exploring the city, catching live music, or having fun with the family, we’ve rounded up some of our most popular Labor Day events for you.
Want to learn more about Labor Day Weekend activities? Check out our complete weekend guide to Labor Day weekend in Houston.
Labor Day weekend 2021 festivals and events
All weekend long
- Enjoy this Labor Day weekend responsibly | Sponsored – Practicing responsible drinking might look a little different this Labor Day weekend, but it’s as important as ever. Silver Eagle Distributors Houston encourages everyone to socialize safely, stay hydrated between the buds, and always plan ahead for a safe and responsible journey home this holiday weekend.
- Sugar Land Skeeters vs. Las Vegas Aviators at Constellation Field | Daily – Experience one of the final home series of the minor league season when the skeeters host the fliers. $ 8 to $ 60, but you can find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get places on TicketNetwork’s online marketplace. The times vary.
- Houston Restaurant Weeks | Daily – Experience the final week of the annual summer charity fundraising event for the Houston Food Bank as you enjoy multi-course breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner at fixed prices at an excellent list of popular restaurants in the city. Places, prices and times vary.
- Labor Day Tours in Battleship Texas | Saturday Sunday – Located near the San Jacinto Monument, Battleship Texas will reopen to the public for two short windows on Labor Day Weekend before major repairs resume. $ 10; $ 5 for children ages 4-11, active military, and 65+; free from 3 years. 8 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
- Weekend on Labor Day at the Lone Star Flight Museum | Saturday to Monday – Commemorate Labor Day with 3 days of special soaring when the Lone Star Flight Museum opens its doors for a long weekend with free flight simulators, adult flight history talks, and more options for all ages. $ 15; $ 13 for children ages 12-17 and 65 and over; $ 10 for children ages 4-11; free for museum members and from 3 years. The times vary.
- Labor Day weekend in the rustic | Sunday & Monday | No cover – The country music bar and kitchen invites guests to enjoy the long weekend with free live music on Sunday evening, and then more tunes and a family Labor Day Jam & Toast on Monday, plus an afternoon happy hour until 6 p.m. . Available at both locations. Sunday 8:30 pm to 10:00 pm; Monday 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Friday 3rd September 2021
Saturday 4th September 2021
Sunday 5th September 2021
- Galveston Family Beach Challenge at Stewart Beach | FOR FREE – Add a competitive edge to your family day of fun in the sun with this beach obstacle course, where families compete in a range of life-size versions of classic games for a $ 500 gift card plus tickets to popular Galveston attractions. 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Karbacher weekday market at Karbach Brewing Co. | No cover – Celebrate Labor Day while shopping at a local market with local vendors and artisans while sipping local brews in Karbach’s beer garden. 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- End of summer festival and fireworks in Town Center Park | FOR FREE – End the summer with a celebration in Kingwood with live music and fireworks in Town Center Park. Live music from 3pm to 9pm, followed by fireworks at 9pm.
- Labor Day Celebration at Waterway Square in the Woodlands | FOR FREE – Remember the holiday and take the family to Waterway Square in the Woodlands for an evening of live music, children’s activities, cake eating competitions, fireworks and more. 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Labor Day Concert & Fireworks in Kings Harbor | FOR FREE – Make a stop in Kingwood to celebrate Labor Day while enjoying a concert on Shotgun Road, fireworks, and more from the comfort of your lounge chair or ceiling in Kings Harbor. 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Kemah Boardwalk Labor Day Celebration | No cover – Take the family out on the water to the Kemah Boardwalk in Galveston for the Sunday night fireworks display to celebrate Labor Day Weekend. 9:30 p.m.
Labor Day, Monday 6 September 2021
- Barbecue grill on Labor Day at B-52 Brewing | No cover – Bite into a delicious Vick’s BBQ while taking part in a team cornhole tournament when B-52 Brewing is throwing a backyard party. Although there is no cover, food and drinks are on you. 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Labor Day Monday Day + Night Party in the Seaside Lounge | No cover – Spend your day off enjoying drinks, food, hookahs, and more, while putting on live DJs playing ’90s hip-hop and afrobeat at the Hennessy vs. Casamigos Labor Day Party in the Seaside Lounge. Free entry with RSVP. To close at 11 a.m.
- Labor Day at Lagoonfest Texas in Texas City – The turquoise waters of the lagoon greet an all-day entertainment event hosted by Texan Native people and reality show breakout stars from The Voice, Sundance Head and Sarah Grace, as well as Houston’s own party band, The Rapture. Music starts at 2 p.m. Entry for one day starts at $ 20 and $ 15 for children 3 to 12 years old; free from 2 years. Ticket prices vary depending on the day of the week and demand. 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Supa Soca: Labor Day Pool & Day Party at Clé Houston | FOR FREE – Celebrate the sound of the Caribbean with soca music, hip hop, afrobeat, R&B and more when Clé Houston throws a Labor Day pool party. Free with RSVP until 4pm; limited tickets range from $ 15 to $ 100. 2 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- 5th Annual Old Fashioned Ice Cream Social at the Frank J. Brown Heritage Museum | No cover – Travel back in time and enjoy goodies like Blue Bell ice cream, cookies, lemonade and more, plus live music from the Wild River Trio as the Frank J. Brown Heritage Museum in Friendswood hosts its 5th Annual Old Fashioned Ice Cream Social. 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Labor Day BBQ Party in the Garden in Market Square Park | No cover – This Labor Day, enjoy delicious BBQ during an early evening party of lawn games, cold brew, a watermelon eating contest, BBQ, and more when Market Square Park hosts a Labor Day celebration with live music from Danny Ray & the Acoustic Production hosted. Eating and drinking are free, but on you. 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Previous articleTop 12 Things to Do in Houston for Kids This Month: September 2021
Longtime Houstonian Justin Jerkins keeps an eye out for all sorts of happenings in H-Town, including breweries, sports, concerts, attractions, and more, while serving as editor-in-chief of 365 Things to Do in Houston.