Get going at the Labor Day Weekend concert in Sugar Land Town Square | Courtesy Visit Sugar Land
Fill your Labor Day weekend with concerts, sports, happy hours, specials, fireworks, and more with our guide to Labor Day weekend celebrations and events from Friday September 3 through Labor Day Monday September 6, 2021.
Whether you’re exploring the city, catching live music, or having fun with the family, we’ve rounded up some of our most popular Labor Day events for you.
Want to learn more about Labor Day Weekend activities? Check out our complete weekend guide to Labor Day weekend in Houston.
Labor Day weekend 2021 festivals and events
All weekend long
- Sugar Land Skeeters vs. Las Vegas Aviators at Constellation Field | Daily – Experience one of the final home series of the minor league season when the skeeters host the fliers. $ 8 to $ 60, but you can find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get places on TicketNetwork’s online marketplace. The times vary.
- Houston Restaurant Weeks | Daily – Experience the final week of the annual summer charity fundraising event for the Houston Food Bank as you enjoy multi-course breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner at fixed prices at an excellent list of popular restaurants in the city. Places, prices and times vary.
- Weekend on Labor Day at the Lone Star Flight Museum | Saturday to Monday – Commemorate Labor Day with 3 days of special soaring when the Lone Star Flight Museum opens its doors for a long weekend with free flight simulators, adult flight history talks, and more options for all ages. $ 15; $ 13 for children ages 12-17 and 65 and over; $ 10 for children ages 4-11; free for museum members and from 3 years. The times vary.
Friday 3rd September 2021
Saturday 4th September 2021
Sunday 5th September 2021
Labor Day, Monday 6 September 2021
- Barbecue grill on Labor Day at B-52 Brewing | No cover – Bite into a delicious Vick’s BBQ while taking part in a team cornhole tournament when B-52 Brewing is throwing a backyard party. Although there is no cover, food and drinks are on you. 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Labor Day Monday Day + Night Party in the Seaside Lounge | No cover – Spend your day off enjoying drinks, food, hookahs, and more, while putting on live DJs playing ’90s hip-hop and afrobeat at the Hennessy vs. Casamigos Labor Day Party in the Seaside Lounge. Free entry with RSVP. To close at 11 a.m.
- Supa Soca: Labor Day Pool & Day Party at Clé Houston | FOR FREE – Celebrate the sound of the Caribbean with soca music, hip hop, afrobeat, R&B and more when Clé Houston throws a Labor Day pool party. Free with RSVP until 4pm; limited tickets range from $ 15 to $ 100. 2 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- 5th Annual Old Fashioned Ice Cream Social at the Frank J. Brown Heritage Museum | No cover – Travel back in time and enjoy goodies like Blue Bell ice cream, cookies, lemonade and more, plus live music from the Wild River Trio as the Frank J. Brown Heritage Museum in Friendswood hosts its 5th Annual Old Fashioned Ice Cream Social. 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Labor Day BBQ Party in the Garden in Market Square Park | No cover – This Labor Day, enjoy delicious BBQ during an early evening party of lawn games, cold brew, a watermelon eating contest, BBQ, and more when Market Square Park hosts a Labor Day celebration with live music from Danny Ray & the Acoustic Production hosted. Eating and drinking are free, but on you. 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
NASA’s Moon Rover is on display at the Lone Star Flight Museum for Tours | Courtesy of NASA
Previous articleTop 15 Live Shows & Concerts This Month: September 2021
Justin Jerkins covers sports, concerts, travel destinations and breweries in Houston and is also the editor of 365 Things to Do in Houston.