The interior of Le Jardinier starting with lunch this month | Courtesy Le Jardinier
Dine on delicious dishes and enjoy our selection of the best food and drink events happening around Houston in September 2021.
This month you can say goodbye to summer with a boozy Labor Day weekend fun, then kick off the fall with a Wine and Dine Date Night, BBQ Throwdown, and Farm Fresh Chef Dinner.
Here are the ten yummy food and drink events to keep on your radar this month:
Top 11 Food & Drink Events / Offers in Houston This Month: September 2021
- $ 99 Wine and Dine for Two at Brennan’s of Houston | All month long – The Creole gourmet restaurant, Brennan’s, invites you to enjoy wine and food with its annual 3-course dinner for $ 99 for two. The curated experience will be accompanied by a wine bottle selection from resident Wine Guys Rich Carter and Jason Durham. Online reservations are possible until Thursday, September 30th.
- Enchilada of the month in Sylvias Enchilada Kitchen | All month long – Enchilada Queen Sylvia Casares continues her series “Enchilada of the Month” with the September issue: the brand new Alice, a reference to the colorful city in South Texas, which is considered the birthplace of Tejano music. The plate consists of homemade corn tortillas filled with chicken, corn and Monterey Jack cheese and garnished with a light cream sauce, salsa roja, corn and coriander. The plate comes with rice and beans or a Caesar salad for $ 15.95 plus tax and tip. It will be available in both locations through Thursday, September 30th.
- Opening lunch service at Le Jardinier | Opens Friday, September 3rd – From Friday, September 3rd, MFAH’s sophisticated gastronomy concept will start its new lunch service, which opens at 11 a.m. to welcome guests at the bar and is then served until 2 p.m. for lunch. The lunch menu is curated by Michelin-starred chef Alain Verzeroli together with chef Andrew Ayala and offers dishes from Carolina Gold Rice Risotto and Avocado Tartine to Texas Gulf Shrimp & Grits. Reservations are now possible on Resy. Lunch service from Wednesday to Saturday from 11.30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dinner Tuesday to Saturday from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Labor Day weekend in the rustic | Sunday 5 September & Labor Day Monday 6 September | No cover – The country music bar and kitchen invites guests to enjoy the long weekend with free live music on Sunday evenings, and then more tunes and a family-run Labor Day Jam & Toast on Monday, plus an afternoon happy hour until 6pm . Available at both locations. Sunday 8:30 pm to 10:00 pm; Monday 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Houston Restaurant Weeks | Labor Day ends, Monday, September 6th – There’s still time to take part in the hottest fundraiser of the summer, Houston Restaurant Weeks, which has raised over $ 16.6 million to fight hunger in Houston since its inception. This year’s citywide event features multi-course gala and take-away meals in over 250 restaurants, with donations going to the Houston Food Bank. See the lineup and rate your reservations to give away and dine.
- 2021 Pasadena BBQ Cook Off at the Pasadena Livestock Show & Rodeo Grounds | Thursday, September 16 to Saturday, September 18 – The annual cook-off event to kick off the Pasadena Livestock Show & Rodeo returns with delicious contributions from nearly 90 teams over three days of smoked grill goodness. Day tickets are $ 15. Daily from 5:00 p.m. to midnight.
- 9th Annual BBQ Cook-Off in Little Woodrows Midtown | Saturday, September 18 | No cover – Football, drinks and a barbecue showdown are on the program for Little Woodrow’s 9th Annual BBQ Cook-Off in Midtown. Contestants can sign up to compete in categories like Ribs, Chicken, Brisket, and the always fun open category, and you can show up to get a taste. 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Brewing in the Zoo at the Houston Zoo | Friday September 24th – Craft brew fans get their money’s worth Beer tastings from some of Houston’s most popular breweries, plus live music, games and activities, and a look at some of the animals after work. Participating venues include Saint Arnold Brewing Company, Karbach Brewing Co, 8th Wonder Brewery, Eureka Heights Brew Co, Spindletap Brewery, and No Label Brewery. Tickets are $ 45 (21+ only). 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Karbachtoberfest 2021 at Karbach Brewing Co. | Friday, September 24th to Sunday, September 26th – Karbach Brewing Co. invites beer lovers to enjoy three full weekends of Oktoberfest fun, starting with this first event of flowing beer, live music and fun, including the stone lifting competitions on Saturday through to the Viennese dog race on Sunday. The times vary.
- B-52 Oktoberfest at B-52 Brewing | Saturday September 25th – The Conroe Brewery hosts a family- and pet-friendly Oktoberfest with beer dispensations, food, fun games and more. Participation in the event is free. Noon to 10 p.m.
- Chef Fest at the Farm Harvest Green Village | Sunday, September 26th – Chef Fest returns to Houston and invites nine Houston chefs including Chris Williams of Lucille’s Hospitality Group, Dawn Burrell of late August and Tatemos Emmanuel Chavez to showcase their passion for local produce while raising awareness and revenue for the Houston Boost Food System Collaborative. Guests can wash down the day’s snacks with craft cocktails, local beers, and additional tasting and cooking experiences. Tickets are $ 95 for adults ($ 20 for children) and include entry, unlimited tastings, five drink tickets for those 21 and older, live music, and more. 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Previous articleExperience rock kings in Proud Tina: The Ultimate Tribute to Tina Turner at the Miller Outdoor Theater Brooke Viggiano is a Houston-based food and lifestyle writer. When she’s not working on publications like 365 Things to Do in Houston, Thrillist Houston, and Houston Press, she’s on the hunt for the coolest happenings in town. You can follow her thoughts on Twitter @BrookeViggiano.